Tuesday 23 August 2011

Thug Taxi Driver SHD5222C Novena Road

Landwarrior informs the following on 23 August 2011:

On the 23 August 2011 at 7.15am, I was driving my daughter in our van along Novena Road towards the direction of the city.

As we passed the cross junction with Balestier Road on the left and Thomson Hospital on the right, red Toyota Wish SHD 5222C squeezed himself from the left corner of the merging lane into my path. As I was ahead of him and saw him coming too near me from the corner of my eyes, I honked him.

Driver of SHD 5222C then speeded up and overtook me from the left and proceeded to give me the middle finger. He then glared at me from his rear view mirror.

I was quite shocked. I had honked him to warn him that he was too close and that he had blundered into my lane and while clearly his fault, he then gave me the rude gesture.

Not happy with this, he then sped off and later up the road, purposely cut into my lane once again from the left. After this, he zoomed off and cut lanes before picking up a fare at United Square. As I passed him, his window was down and he was smoking. He looked a typical gangster and frankly, I fear gangsters especially when I have a child with me.

This is not the first time I have encountered bad manners from a Red Transcab taxi.

You are probably sick and tired of hearing of bad drivers under your company and you probably wouldnt even take any action. But dont you think its sad that a few hooligans are spoiling your companys image? Why bother even starting a company this way? Dont you filter out potential drivers? Dont you care about your company?

Dont bother getting a PR Company to right your company's image till you weed out these gangsters masquerading as taxi drivers.

We can sense your frustration and the feeling of hopelessness. All we can say is that the cab companies make the money whether they deal with the complaints adequately or not. Hence, there is no motivation for them to make things better. The best option has always been to take the matter up with the regulatory body itself - the LTA - so that they can take the appropriate action or apply the pressure necessary to spur the cab companies into corrective action. We strongly encourage you to lodge a complaint with LTA through their online feedback form for real action (as opposed to lip service and insincere undertaking) to take place. It is very easy to fill out and much more reliable than calling/emailing the cab companies. Good luck and do keep us posted on the developments!

No comments:

Post a Comment