Friday 31 August 2012

One Taxi Driver's Persepctive

Mr Taxi Taxi informs the following on 28/08/2012:

I been reading your blog Sg Taxi Driver.
Much I have to agree with some of the posted letters. There are some bad taxi driver in us and they are giving us a bad name.
But I don't think all of us is just like that. There are good drivers too.
Sometime it takes two hands to claps. Often the incident / accident /argument happen because either party do not give in. And I mean both party.
I am a taxi driver myself.
Often I too encounter bad driver as well. Trying to filter right even I signal my lights does not get me 
to the next lane, simply the others would not give-in, instead they speedup and cut you off! Some point their middle finger at you too.
Having passengers inside in taxi eating is another common scene. Telling them off pls do not eat and they don't listen, knowing that there will be others passengers coming into later. Their reason - "Just SOME food only la".
They will comply only if I tell them I have just drop off a badly coughing patient I pick up from the hospital before them.
At worse, some passengers run away without paying fare.
To whom can we complain?
Thank you taking the time to write in and I'm sure many will appreciate your input and agree with your perspective. Our mission here is not to label all drivers as stupid but to publicise the horrendous behaviour of the many hooligans in this trade. Yes, there will always be passengers who are too much and are a nightmare for drivers, but this is part and parcel of being in the service industry. A chef cannot say that he hates a hot kitchen and forever complain and behave rudely because of this. As the saying goes, if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. Drivers are not forced into this profession so if they are going to do it, they should do it properly. But your point is a good one - that drivers have nowhere to turn to when it comes to bad passengers. Well, might I propose then that drivers too write in to us to share their bad experiences so that we can post it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment